Cold Aston (Aston Blank)

Welcome to the Cold Aston website. Cold Aston is a small rural village between Cheltenham and Bourton-on-the-Water. The village has kept its rural charm and the majority of the buildings and houses are typical Cotswold period property. Within the village, there is a Church, Village School, Village Hall and a Village Pub.

Many residents live around Whiteshoots close to Bourton on the Water, but still in Cold Aston parish. It's an area steeped in Iron Age and Roman history as the Fosseway leads to the ancient crossing of the Windrush river.

Our village name has varied over the years and in the Domesday Book, it appears as Estone (East farm). By the mid-13th century it had become Cold Aston probably because of its exposed position high in the North Cotswold hills. By 1535, the village name had changed again, this time to Aston Blank. The name never won over the locals and in 1972, the name reverted to Cold Aston. However, many signs still refer to the village as Cold Aston (Aston Blank).

Please refer to our Map for details finding the village.

Cold Aston Village